Granite stone | Types of granite stones
In this article, we would like to introduce you to Granite stone and its different types; completely and comprehensively! So if you want to get to know the applications of granite stone, also interesting and important features and the main price parameters, stay with us until the end of this article.
What is granite?
From very long time ago and thousands of years old, granite stone was used for construction and its materials; because it is one of the strongest and hardest stones. It is interesting to know that this stone is one of the oldest existing building materials.
How granite is formed
Granite is a stone from the depth of the earth; the one known as internal igneous rock and its texture has medium to coarse grains. The color of granite is different, but most of them are pink, white, gray and black.
Features of granite stone
- The most resistant and hardest stone
- Resistance to water penetration: This stone has little porosity and therefore has little water absorption.
- Heat resistance: Don’t forget that this stone is made of molten material, so don’t expect it to have little heat resistance; Therefore, this stone is widely used in construction.
- Resistance to corrosion and abrasion: never worry about your stone being lost and damaged; even when dealing with chemicals or in heavy traffic. The resistance of this stone is very high.
- Variety of designs and colors: you can easily find the stone you are looking for; because the variety in the appearance of the stone is high.
- Reasonable price: one of the most important criteria when buying! The right price is one of the most important things to keep in mind, along with all the features and positive points of this stone.
Disadvantages of granite
You need to know that along with all the advantages and positive points that this stone has, there are also disadvantages and negative points that are much less compared to its advantages.
- High weight: granite stone has a relatively high weight and it is better to know that using it in the facade will add a dead weight to your work.
- Long installation time: If you have enough time, you don’t need to worry; because the installation of this stone requires a lot of time due to the use of mortar for adhesion.
- Detachment of stone: It should be noted that sticking this stone to mortar is not an easy task. Therefore, you may see the granite separating over time.
Our own country, Iran, is one of the richest countries in terms of having stone quarries; We can extract different types of granite in different cities.
It is located in cities such as Khorram Dara, Birjand, Hamedan, Mashhad , Natanz, Gilan, Tus, Nehbandan, Yazd, Zanjan, etc. Each of the cities has a different granite stone in terms of color and design; It is a great thing for the country that does not need to import stone.
Granite is one of the oldest industries in the world and has been around since ancient Egypt. The main and major exporters of this stone include the following countries: China, Iran, India, Italy, Brazil, Norway, Canada, Turkey, Spain and the United States.
جهت خرید ، سفارش تولید و یا مشاوره قبل از خرید با ما تماس بگیرید.
واحد فروش 05138801421
Types of granite stones in terms of color
- White: This stone is primarily composed of quartz and feldspar minerals. The small black spots on the rock are fined coarser of amphibole.
- Black: Black granite is commonly seen in commercial stones, but it is not granite at all. Usually, these rocks are actually gabbro; an internal igneous rock similar to basalt.
- Pink: When potassium feldspar increases in granite, its color becomes pink.
- Black and white: It is interesting to know that when quartz, feldspar and amphibole are equal, it creates prominent black and white granite; Yen is one of the most common types of granite.
- Red: Red granite is rich in pink potassium feldspar.
- Blue: An igneous type of monzonite, sometimes it is called “blue granite” despite being granite.
The price of granite depends on many different factors. Among these things, we can mention the quality of the polishing and the processing of the desired stone. Among other influential cases, we can mention the type of design and color of the stone background; based on this, different prices can be set for it.
Another parameter for determining the price, the thickness and dimensions of the stone. The uniformity of the surfaces, the absence of cracks, etc. also play a role in increasing the price of granite stones.